Wednesday, September 1, 2010

{Baby Bee} Animal Silhouette Painting

After months and months of staring at a blank canvas that I had originally planned to paint for our living room and then for our guest room, I decided that I would create a work of art to hang in the nursery. I was inspired by Dwell Studio's artwork that I had seen online, which I simply could not afford nor did I want to just buy something for my baby when I could make him something special. Therefore, because the nursery theme was "animals", I wanted to feature different animal silhouettes. I also included clovers because my husband is very proud of his Irish heritage and now my baby can also share that same Irish pride. The colors I chose are nice, vibrant and child friendly that coordinate well with the color scheme throughout the nursery. I think the painting will be eye catching and fun for him to look at as he gets older and can be used as an educational tool as well! Hopefully he will cherish this painting for years to come!

Photograph taken by Joyce Day from On This Day Photography. onthisdayphotography.com

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! As you know, I am a blog follower so I will probably be on here frequently. Looking forward to seeing you soon and hoping Jake gets better! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! Thanks for following! Jake wants a play date soon...he is starting to feel a lot better! :)

    ReplyDelete